Tuesday 3 May 2011

Oriental Salmon

I must confess to not being a HUGE fan of salmon. But when I saw this recipe in a Slimming World book I thought I might try it. The bold flavours of chilli, lime and soy sauce assured me that it wouldn't taste too much like, well..... salmon.

It is one of the easiest recipes I have ever followed. Simply place a salmon fillet (the size of your choice, I went for small on account of my culinary reticence) on a square of tin foil and douse with soy sauce and lime juice. Top with sliced red peppers and chilli.


Fold into a parcel, making sure there is some room for heat to circulate but ensuring the edges are tightly sealed. Place on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated 190degC oven for 20 - 25 mins.

Serve the salmon, peppers and chilli on top of some egg noodles, making sure to drizzle any juices left in the tin foil over the top.


It was absolutely delicious, even for a cautious fish eater such as myself. A few changes I would make - add coriander to the parcel before cooking, and garnish when serving. It would add some much needed green to the dish and no doubt would add to the flavour as well. I would also chop the chillis very finely, so that I could mix them in with the peppers and noodles. I cut them in big chunks, which could be minced after cooking but made for more work and I didn't fancy doing it while my salmon went cold.

I imagine this recipe could be adapted to suit anyone's taste - use tuna instead of salmon, add more veggies, or serve with rice.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds yummy, and I'm not even a fish-lover either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tragically, I am allergic to fish, which is not a strong trait in a cook! But my missus would love this. Thanks for joining the Recipe Shed. I'm going to run it every Thursday, so please come back and share again. Look out for Twitter alerts for the next theme. And go and grab yourself a Recipe Shed badge from my site. It shows you're dead cool :)Many thanks. Keith aka Reluctant Housedad

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I'll try my best to reply to you all :) xx