Wednesday 4 May 2011

Chicken schnitzel with bacon and white wine

Another super easy recipe for dinner tonight, this time from Nigella Lawson's Express book (one of my favourites). I have made this so many times and each time, as soon as I take the first mouthful, I remember how amazing it is.

Heat some garlic-infused oil (or normal oil with a little bit of chopped garlic) in a pan and throw in some chopped bacon (about 1 rasher per person). Fry until crispy, then remove and wrap in foil to keep warm.

Meanwhile, place chicken breasts (one per person) in between 2 layers of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to make a flat escalope. Alternatively use sliced chicken breast steaks. Make sure the pan is hot and add the chicken, not turning it for at least 2 mins. Fry until cooked through, then transfer to a serving plate.

Sprinkle the crispy bacon over the chicken, then throw half a glass of white wine into the pan (you may need more for more people). Let it bubble up and reduce slighty, then pour over your chicken and bacon.


Simple, yet so tasty. In the past I have served this with new potatoes drenched in butter, but tonight I went for peas and sweetcorn. The sweetness of the veg complimented the salty bacon beautifully.

Jewhurst is coming over tomorrow for a couple of days and then I have a heap of work to do. So you get a break from this Big Eejit for a few days at least...... ;)

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Now how have I missed that one? Dinner tonight .............sorted x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I'll try my best to reply to you all :) xx