Saturday 10 September 2011

Spaghetti aribiatta

This is one of my staple dishes, and one of the first things I made myself when I moved into my new house. I watched an episode of Saturday Kitchen whereby James Martin made pork in an aribiatta sauce and I adapted what he did to create this recipe. I have tried to give quantities to make it easier for you, as I tend to make this off the top of my head for just me.


Spaghetti Aribiatta
(serves 2)

Cook enough spaghetti for 2 according to pack instructions

Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan, and fry off 1/2 an onion and 1 chopped clove of garlic. Add some cubed salami (optional but REALLY tasty) and fry until golden.

Add 400g of chopped tomatoes and lower heat. Sprinkle in 1 tsp chilli flakes (or less if you prefer - I like mine spicy!) and 1/2 TBSP of sugar - this really brings out the taste of the tomatoes.

Simmer until the sauce is reduced, and take off the heat if spaghetti is still cooking.

Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain (retaining some of the cooking water) and add to the sauce. Add a dribble of cooking water to help the sauce adhere to the pasta. Toss the spaghetti and sauce together.

Serve with grated parmesan and some torn up basil leaves, if you have them (I didn't).


post signature

1 comment:

Comments make me happy! I'll try my best to reply to you all :) xx